Our client, Hall Constructors (www.hallconstructors.com) has a requirement for an experienced Site Superintendent (Civil) to lead their onsite operations for projects based out Kelowna.
The ideal candidate must be experienced in civil road building and underground utilities. The position requires an individual possessing well developed communication and supervisory skills, and be highly organized.
- Manage all on site activities; ensuring project construction is executed in a safe, timely and efficient manger while maintaining quality assurance and integrity of design.
- Competent at reviewing all working drawings (eg: civil, landscape) and able to identify conflicts and issues in advance of commencing.
- Supervision of all sub-trades, suppliers, and workers.
- Conducting site safety orientations and weekly safety meetings with sub-trades.
- Reviewing on site work to confirm that project is being built as per drawings, specifications, code and ensuring that all finishes are to the Company’s and industry standards.
- Contribute to the development of a construction plan and to manage subcontractor activities.
- Assure construction compliance with design requirements.
- Assemble the job site office and equipment requirements.
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule on a regular basis.
- Implement and enforce the requirements of WCB and the company’s Health and Safety program.
- Reviews the accuracy of shop drawings and change orders as required.
- Investigate and resolve any issues that arise.
- Practice sound selection and hiring procedures.
- Responsible for field documentation such as daily logs, conducting daily safety inspections and other required reports.
- Ensure the implementation of the Safety Program to create a safe work environment throughout the jobsite and adhere to the safety and record keeping requirements.
- Document and report all injuries.
- Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by superiors or as required for successful project completion.
- Maintaining an organized job site including the construction office.
- Performing other duties as required and requested by Senior Management.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years construction experience with at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Min. 5 years of underground piping experience (water/sewer/storm).
- Knowledge of various construction disciplines including earthworks, grading, bridge/structure construction, highway/roadway construction, underground utility installation, etc.
- Gold Seal Certification is an asset.
- Must understand construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work accordingly.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Project and Excel).
- Familiarity and comfort with local building codes and regulatory measures.
- Experience in budgeting, scheduling and implementation of projects.
- Strong verbal and communication skills and the ability to solve issues in a team environment in a calm and effective manner.
- Valid Driver’s license and clean abstract.
HRfx Consulting provides outsourced human resource solutions to small and medium sized business and is assisting our client in the collection and screening of resumes. Please do not contact Hall Constructors directly. We thank you for your interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.